The STEM Insight programme offers staff in schools and colleges a unique chance to experience STEM-related work in industrial or university settings.
More information regarding the scheme is here https://www.stem.org.uk/stem-insight, which also includes a map which shows there are no placement opportunities at all in our region, apart from Exeter and Plymouth and definitely not within our local learning community.
Working in partnership with Petroc, we would like to establish employer & teacher opportunities within North Devon.
· We have many teachers who are interested in this CPD opportunity, but we need your support to make this happen.
· Are you interested in offering teacher work placement/s?
· Take part in an opportunity to engage local employers and teachers with the scheme to aid upskilling and quality improvement in STEM teaching and learning. A first for North Devon!!
· You will receive generous financial support to cover the cost of participating in the programme from Project ENTHUSE. The fee for participating in the STEM Insight programme is £283+VAT, with a £1550 bursary for a ten day placement and a £900 bursary for a five day placement.
· The STEM Insight Programme provides an excellent CPD opportunity for teachers, who can learn more about diverse career paths and opportunities for students.
· Take a look at the stem-insight-employer_overview
Lets create the first North Devon STEM Insight Programme