Date(s) - 31/01/2020
8:30 am - 4:40 pm
The Met Office
Maritime UK SW Business Forum
Date: Friday 31 January 2020
Time: 08.30 – 16.40
Venue: Met Office, FitzRoy Road, Exeter, EX1 3PB (please report to reception for further signposting on the day)
A one-stop-shop for skills, trade, innovation, finance and supply chain opportunities in the ocean economy.
This free all-day event is managed by the UK South Coast Marine Cluster with event partners the Marine Business Technology Centre and the Met Office.
The event will provide information on a wide range of support and commercial opportunities for your business, plus lunch, an exhibition and plenty of networking time.
Award-winning South West businesses will provide warts and all case studies of how they profited from working with a wide range of support. The focus is on the ocean economy, but the support opportunities will be useful across numerous sectors.
- Updates of the South Coast Marine Cluster
- South West opportunity from the 30 year UK Maritime 2050 strategy
- Export support and finance from the Department for International Trade and the International Trade award winner, Actisense
- Funding to access defence markets and innovation, DASA and MSubs
- Funded support for innovation, The Marine Business Technology Centre
- Hybrid propulsion using Knowledge Transfer Partnerships with the University of Exeter and SC Group
- Advice on claiming back money through R&D tax credits and finance
- Nautibuoy and the Innovate to Succeed programme
- SME access to the National Composite Centre and the Satellite Applications Catapult
- Startup of the Year ARC Marine and Innovate UK Grants with the University of Plymouth
- Accessing the right skills with Future Skills Award winner Cornwall Marine Network
- Supply chain opportunities from the £250 million Offshore Wind Growth Partnership
- This event is managed by the South Coast Marine Cluster in partnership with the Marine Business Technology Centre and the Met Office
For more news and cluster events visit the South Coast Marine Cluster website.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL ATTENDEES WILL NEED TO BRING PHOTO ID (A PASSPORT OR DRIVING LICENCE ON THE DAY OF EVENT OTHERWISE ACCESS TO THE BUILDING WILL NOT BE GRANTED).