Great Torrington School’s dynamic careers programme has again reached 100% across all 8 Gatsby Benchmarks!
Mark Turnbull from Heart of the South West Careers Hub congratulated staff at GTS on the achievement, commenting that there is much in store, with staff and supporters planning an ambitious programme of activities in the coming months.
NDMA Vice Chairman, Paul Mullen from Krempel GmbH has been announced as the school’s new Enterprise Adviser.
He added; “Looking forward to all of it and excited to be back working with the team”
The Gatsby Benchmarks for good career guidance
GATSBY IS A FOUNDATION SET UP BY DAVID SAINSBURY TO REALISE HIS CHARITABLE OBJECTIVES
Gatsby is committed to strengthening the country’s science and engineering skills.
The eight Gatsby Benchmarks of Good Career Guidance are:
1. A stable careers programme
2. Learning from career and labour market information
3. Addressing the needs of each pupil
4. Linking curriculum learning to careers
5. Encounters with employers and employees
6. Experiences of workplaces
7. Encounters with further and higher education
8. Personal guidance