Date(s) - 15/11/2018
9:30 am - 1:30 pm
Room A102, Portland Square Building
Plymouth Electron Microscopy Centre (PEMC) are relaunching their Industrial Solutions events for 2018/19.
Supported by Innovate UK, UKRI, ZEISS, the University’s own Research and Innovation team and funded by ERDF, PEMC invites industrial partners old and new to join us on the main University campus to discover what Electron Microscopy could do for your business.
Over the next 18 months, PEMC will host a series of events that will focus specifically on sectors identified within the UK government’s Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund and priority areas for the HOTSW Local Enterprise Partnership. Companies are warmly invited to join us for any or all of these free events, to learn more about our services, existing collaborations and future opportunities, and how your business could benefit. These events are designed to be informative, relevant and useful in terms of practical analysis, funding opportunities and networking opportunities.
The first event will take place on Thursday 15 November 2018 during Plymouth Enterprise Week, and will feature feature James Bradbury from SW Metal Finishing Ltd and Steve Cooper on behalf of Ramer Ltd explaining how they have already used the enhanced capability of the new FIB-SEM to develop a new product and to gain a better understanding of the materials and processes they use.
Josie Gough from Innovate UK and Dan Philips from ZEISS will also be on hand to talk about the latest funding opportunities for companies looking to grow their businesses and take advantage of the government’s Industrial Strategy.
15th November: A celebration of the Plymouth Materials Characterisation Project (PMCP) to date; featuring SW Metal Finishing Ltd and Ramer Ltd which have both used the enhanced (including 3D) capability of the new FIB-SEM). Innovate UK will also be there to update delegates on the latest funding opportunities for business.
- 09.30 – Registration and networking with refreshments
- 10.00 – Welcome and introduction to Plymouth Electron Microscopy Centre (PEMC) – Dr Natasha Stephen, Director of PEMC
- 10.20 – Plymouth Materials Characterisation Project (PMCP) – update and guest speaker introductions – Claire Pearce, PMCP Manager
- 10.40 -11.00 – SW Metal Finishing Ltd – James Bradbury
- 11.00 – 11.20 – Ramer Ltd – Steve Cooper
- 11.20 – 11.30 – Q&A session
- 11.30 – Latest funding opportunities for business – Josie Gough, Innovate UK (UKR&I)
- 12.00 – Opportunities for working with the University – Jenny Milligan (Research & Innovation)
- 12.15 – Networking lunch
- 13.00 – Event close and optional tours of PEMC
Full details are updated here: