Date(s) - 16/10/2018 - 17/11/2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Somerset Energy & Innovation Centre
If you’re currently qualified and practicing at Green Belt level and want to tackle more complex improvement projects, this Six Sigma Black Belt course will provide you with the necessary advanced skills.
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
Designed for ambitious delegates, this intensive course is led by a Master Black Belt practitioner with years of professional experience and requires further study and project work outside of the teaching days.
Delegates must commit to 10 course days plus project work.
The 10 course days are as follows:
– Six training days in the classroom
– Three project review days
– One certification day (usually hosted by delegates’ organisations)
The review days help to ensure successful project completion. The certification day is held to recognise the outcomes of the delegates projects and, upon successful completion of the course, your newly certified status as Six Sigma Black Belts.
A true benefit of the course, delegates will be required to demonstrate mastery of Six Sigma skills through the completion of a live in-company project designed to deliver real business improvement.
- Links to the Green Belt training making upgrade easy
- Interactive, exercise-based, training designed to engage and motivate delegates
- In-company projects that deliver real business benefits and must be completed during the training
- Designed to integrate with and enhance your existing Continuous Improvement course
WHAT ARE THE EXPECTED OUTCOMES?
Building on the understanding of Six Sigma gained at Green Belt level, and upon successful completion of the course, you will develop skills and knowledge that will enable you to address more challenging cross function projects:
Understand all Six Sigma philosophies and principles
- Apply Six Sigma systems and tools and identify their impact on various business processes
- Understand the chain of leadership and the variety of Six Sigma roles and responsibilities
- Define benchmarking and understand financial and other ways of measuring business performance
- Drive complex problem resolution
Day 1: Green Belt Review; Black Belt Roles & Responsibilities; Helicopter Exercise
Day 2: Project Selection; BPM; Review of Key Business Measures
Day 3: Response Surface Design; Residual Analysis
Day 1: 3 Level DOE’s
Day 2: Robust DOE’s; Control Planning
Day 3: Black Belt Project; Racing Car Control
WHAT ARE OTHERS SAYING?
“I love the passion with which the course is delivered, it really inspired me to drive Six Sigma harder in my organisation, where I already see so many opportunities and have started to implement improvements in things that nobody thought possible before”
– Mária Selecká, Production & Quality Manager, BROTHER INDUSTRIES (SLOVAKIA) s.r.o.
Delegates will need to attend the course with a laptop computer loaded with Statistical software – SPC XL and DOE Pro. The software cost is additional will not be included in the course fees.