Date(s) - 23/10/2018 - 17/01/2019
Somerset Energy & Innovation Centre
Learn to apply powerful Six Sigma Green Belt methods and tools on this interactive, project-based, course.
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
For those who play a pivotal role in process and performance improvement initiatives and want to qualify at Green Belt level.
Delegates will participate in 13 training and review days and complete a live in-company improvement project. This is broken down as follows:
- Nine classroom training days – each delegate will receive coaching in proven Six Sigma techniques. Delivered by a Six Sigma Master Black Belt the training and coaching will help to guide them through their project and review process
- Three further one day project reviews and mentoring sessions (these are usually hosted by delegates’ organisations)
- A concluding certification day, when delegates share the results of their projects
The project is identified by the delegate and should be specific to their organisation. The aim is that each project is real and live so that the delegates deliver actual process improvement for their organisation. Delegates start on their project during training and it is completed within a maximum six-month period. Experience shows that most projects will pay for the training investment at least 10 times over.
- Interactive exercise-based training designed to engage and motivate delegates
- Projects that deliver real business benefits during the training
- Designed to integrate with and enhance your existing Continuous Improvement course
WHAT ARE THE EXPECTED OUTCOMES?
This course makes Six Sigma accessible and practical and delegates are expected to develop the skills and knowledge that will enable them to:
- Apply fundamental Six Sigma principles of process improvement
- Utilise statistical/improvement tools, such as SPC XL and DOE Pro Software, in a combined way, to achieve process improvement
- Manage projects using DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve & Control)
- Become a process expert able to solve any long term or intractable process problems
- Eliminate mountains of meaningless data
- Deliver successful business improvement projects with profitable results
Day 1: Getting Organised; What is Six Sigma
Day 2: The Role of Statistics; Graphical & Measurement Tools; Project Selection
Day 3: Controlling Processes (MSA, FMEA, POKA-YOKE)
Day 1: Quick Technical Problem Solving (Shainin); Probability
Day 2: Sampling & Confidence Intervals; Hypothesis Testing
Day 3: Statistical Process Control
Day 1: Simple Linear Regression & Introduction to Design of Experiments
Day 2: 2 Level Analysis & Robust Designs; Design of Experiments
Day 3: ½ Fraction; Design of Experiments
WHAT ARE OTHERS SAYING?
“The skill set delivered gave us a standard set of tools and techniques we can use from day to day to keep the business going forward. We have not only achieved the set exercise objectives of reducing warranty returns by over 40%, to less that 1% of our shipped product, our efficiency has also moved forward by over 20% and this trend continues.” – MD, Electronics Manufacturer, Plymouth
Delegates will need to attend the course with a laptop computer loaded with Statistical software – SPC XL and DOE Pro. The software cost is additional will not be included in the course fees.
FIND OUT MORE
To request more details and prices of this open-enrolment course contact us at email@example.com or call 0845 608 3838. View more HERE